These Soft & Chewy Peanut Butter Monster Cookies Are Delicious And Easily Customized With Whatever Add-Ins You Have At Home!
Every year for Christmas, our work has a bake sale fundraiser for a local charity. So naturally when I saw a cute little Christmas plate with these delicious looking monster cookies, I had to buy them. They were delicious and everything you’d expect a good cookie to be. So when I saw mini eggs in the store earlier this year I knew I wanted to create my own version of the cookie and here they are – just in time for Easter Monday!
- If you need these to be gluten-free, make sure you use oats that are specifically labelled gluten-free.
- For this recipe I used JIF brand peanut butter. Any comparable variation should be fine. I have not made this with natural peanut butter as it has a different consistency.
- Don’t over bake the cookies. Take them out of the oven when the bottoms are browned and let them continue to cook on the cookie sheet for another 5+ minutes until they are set enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
- To crush the Mini Eggs/Eggies, put them in a Ziploc bag and smash (preferably on the floor) with either a rolling pin or meat mallet. That should do the trick!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (not natural peanut butter)
- 1/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar – packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups oats (use oats labelled "Gluten-Free" if needed)
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Mini Eggs/Eggies – crushed
- pinch of salt
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with baking mats or parchment paper and set aside.
In a medium bowl, beat together the butter, peanut butter, and sugars until smooth & creamy. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix to combine.
Add in the remaining ingredients and stir until combined.
Scoop into 1-inch balls and place on the cookie sheet leaving approx 2 inches between cookies. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the bottoms are lightly browned.
Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5+ minutes until they have set enough to transfer to a wire cooling rack.
Feel free to change up the add-ins using whatever you have at home – hemp hearts, nuts, seeds, etc.!